Boardwalk candy shops and modern-day Willy Wonkas understand the need to wow customers the moment they set foot in those stores, but that wow factor must carry beyond that initial glance to create a truly memorable customer experience. That’s why ease of access — that is, getting as much candy as you want without friction or mess — is such a crucial feature of vertical candy dispensers.
Just imagine a beautiful candy store with 100-plus candies on offer, all arranged neatly throughout the shop in clear pop-top jars. As great as that looks, it presents a number of friction points for the customer:
• Someone has to scoop candy from one container to another, which takes time and could create bottlenecks in the store’s aisles.
• Smaller jars need to be refilled often, which is a task that can take up a significant amount of a shopkeeper’s time and energy.
• It involves reaching into the jar itself. You could let individual customers do this, but that poses sanitation issues and exposes your stock of candies to whatever might get dropped inside. Or, you could let your staff do that, which means you need to hire extra people to handle high-volume periods.
Gravity bins and vertical dispensers solve each of those issues:
• They let customers get as much candy as they want and move on.
• They don’t need to be refilled as often.
• They don’t expose your stock to contaminants that invariably would fall in.